The history of Elabuga Institute dates back to 1898 when the honoury citizen G.F. Stakheyeva donated money for the foundation of Eparchy School for girls in the town of Yelabuga. In 1918 the Eparchy school was turned into Teachers Seminary and in later years has been developing as Pedagogic Courses, Teachers Training School, Teachers Training Institute, State Pedagogic Institute, State Pedagogic University.
Affiliated with Kazan Federal University on February 2, it opened a new page in its history.
Today the Institute has 10 faculties and 20 departments, involving the activity of the scientific library, 7 museums, the biological station and more than 20 laboratories. The premises include 5 academic buildings, 3 hostels, the students’ holiday camp and other objects.
The teaching process and the research activity are ensured by the staff of more than 250 teachers including Honoured Scientists and teachers with other professional awards.
Webmaster : E. Herduin - Contact - © 2014 BLP Sport -
Crédit Photos (GC Photographies Partagez mon regard, Gilbert Coutelet – AFPT)